Monday, March 27, 2006

will you tolerate malfeasance ... ?

Yesterday I made a minor contribution to wikipedia - a first small step.

My entry was that of details and corrections regarding Ramzi Yousef - his first entry to U.S. and of his role in the first WTC bombing.

My decision to contribute to wikipedia has three main roots:

1. My reading and research has been focused on what led up to events of September 11, 2001 in New York City.

2. Every day I hear or read (even in wikipedia) from someone some bit of information about September 11 that is incorrect or misleading.

3. Wikipedia is becoming the Internet "encyclopedia" and it is up to us to see that information available there is accurate as possible.

Nothing can bring back the estimated 3300 lives lost on September 11, 2001; however, I believe we owe it not only to those who died that day, but to our children, to make sure truth is told. In so doing, perhaps we can prevent such an event occurring again.

Roots of deception surrounding September 11 run deep, and distortion of related facts will remain with us for years to come unless we begin to share with each other what actually led up to that day - recognize what failures allowed it to happen.

Some say that what happened is history and cannot be changed, so why bother to know more about it. Today we, as a nation, are conducting a war on sovereign soil of another nation. Reasons given to us, The People of this nation, for the war in which we are now involved, are inextricably tied to the deception that we, The People, have been told about the events of September 11, 2001

We, The People, pay an enourmous amount to fund agencies of our government to provide us certain services. At the same time, deep flaws in our society and in our system of government have put our lives at risk and jeopardize the integrity of many dedicated civil servants, whose salaries we pay, so that a few top officials might maintain ill-gotten promotions, awards, and pensions (all of which we provide), and so that agencies of our government would not be subject to scandals caused by a few corrupt individuals.

I do not believe that in return for what we pay to keep our government agencies running that it is sufficient in any way for us to tolerate malfeasance.

We have a clear choice as we live: Either we recognize rule of law and enforce it as integral to our society, or we abandon it. There is no in-between. If we recognize rule of law, no one can be above the law.

I apologize if this message seems "self-important" - not intended. Contributing to and clarifying fact in wikipedia is something I have time to do and want to do. Success of that effort will be determined by others. My entries to wikipedia right now are a test to see what resistance I meet.

Though anyone can edit wikipedia at any time, submissions are reviewed and must be deemed "generally accepted" to remain. I am not possessed of any inside knowledge, but where I see or hear details regarding September 11 that I believe to be false or misleading, or as I can provide more details, I will do my best to complete the record so that other users, and the public, will be better able to form decisions based on fact, more easily determine what yet needs answered, and perhaps develop a better understanding of who wants to maintain a coverup, and why.

Working together with others, I believe truth shall prevail, and we will overcome.

As always, your comments are invited - Thank You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home