Wednesday, March 01, 2006

delayed reaction ...

To some folks, what I write probably seems more and more bizarre - hard to know what they think for the lack of response I get.

Usually very little negative response, which makes me wonder when I get positive feedback - why the imbalance ?

Are people "too polite" now when so many seem to be "at each other's throats" for such seemingly little differences between them ?

Because I think independently, so-called "catch" phrases do not attract me - maybe due to there usually being a catch in using them

... and since my reading lately has taken me to some areas of extreme thought and opinion, which in turn have led me to conclusions that seem to bring more clarity to the overall world situation, it is harder I think for people reading my conclusions to get a grasp on what I am saying.

At the same time people are generally asking why, for instance, actions of our government seem so different from what we expect - those of us having a basic understanding of how our system of government is supposed to work.

One question I have asked repeatedly over the last several month is why everything seems to convoluted now. Finally, I am reaching a point where I understand why ... which makes it no less easy to explain any of it to anyone else.

All these things put together somehow prompted me to pay attention to one catch phrase: "reality based" - as in The Reality-Based Community

Seeking the origin of that phrase, I found:
http://www.warblogging.com/archives/000935.php

... where I read, :

" The aide said that guys like me [Ron Suskind] were ''in what we call the reality-based community,'' which he defined as people who ''believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.'' I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He cut me off. ''That's not the way the world really works anymore,'' he continued. ''We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality -- judiciously, as you will -- we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.'' "

I must say that I have been engaged so long in "judicious study of discernible reality" that I seldom pay attention to such as the above passage, but how revealing it is !

Made me wonder - what was I focusing on in October, 2004 ... so I went to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_2004

... remembered I was concerned about - besides the war itself - defective Chiron vaccine, continuing submission of Palestinians, whether computerized voting would result in fraud, how Abu Ghraib mess would affect lives of our military personnel in Iraq - among other things ...

... and I considered how easily I accepted then explanations of some of the other events listed there ...

Forces always come in pairs.
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

I am so glad I have my own Faith, with which I never forget:
There are always consequences ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home