Sunday, May 28, 2006

compacting ...

A particular personal difficulty might be demonstrated by an inability to focus on the instructor's introduction of Maszlow's hierarchies ( no suprise - it was in the syllabus ) on a morning when I am preoccupied with my wife's coldness because she cannot purchase the car she wants. At home, study helps me little more while in the same room within what meager accomodations we can afford, my dearest is also balancing her checkbook *out loud* as I try to read and absorb. Her action may be innocent ( no more than a habit ) or I may take it as a comment pointed at me directly ( we do not have enough $$ ) - either way, a challenge to my effectiveness.

If I am not getting enough to eat of a day, sleeping under cardboard, I am unlikely to compose a paragraph such as the one above - except perhaps in a state of "tranquility" induced by something for which possession would lead to my incarceration ( in which I would have more to eat and a better place to sleep - go figure ).

Maszlow is "borrowed" to support a convincing argument of why the U.S. cannot win against ME guerrila warfare:
http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/globalguerrillas/2004/12/legitimacy_101.html

John O'Brien got me thinking about Maszlow in his response to Jesse's request to ideas toward his paper on how to "better protect the country from Terrorism" ...
http://www.ryze.com/posttopic.php?topicid=682389&confid=1031
... and me, being keeper of so many other people's "unmet needs" now respond totally *untimely* to be of any assistance - assuming I could have contributed anything of value to begin with ... : )

For which John responded: "Start at home...restore integrity...get real...accept that this is not a one term issue, but a transformation that will have cause heart wrenching adjustments as people who have vigourously defended certain views come to face that they are mistaken--worse--fooled and feeling foolish...maybe angry. That's not a political statement--works on all sides."

... but is "protection from Terrorism" what is most needed to bring us, as a society, to "Self-actualization" ... or better, to those higher "hidden hierarchies":
6 - "Know & Understand", and
7 - Aesthetic

http://www.xenodochy.org/ex/lists/maslow.html

... or is being stuck on "protection from Terrorism" merely to keep us from
"3. Love/Belonging" ... ?
... not yet ready for concern of "4. Esteem"

... or are Maszlow's theories in total no more than rubbish ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home